Why do Apple operating systems *just die* while all modern operating systems last, essentially, almost forever?

Andy Burnelli

Aug 6, 2022, 1:10:48 PM8/6/22
It's a serious question of why _only_ Apple operating systems just die.
*Nobody can name a common consumer OS with _shorter_ support than iOS!*

Meanwhile, Android, Linux, and Windows operating systems (all of which I
own in addition to iOS) essentially are updated almost forever (in layers).
<https://i.postimg.cc/gj0r2cBP/osupdate01.jpg> iOS 13.5 to iOS 15.3.1

When nospam denied my desktop is almost fifteen years old and it's _still_
updated continually by Microsoft to Windows 10, I snapped this for him:
<https://i.postimg.cc/3x3pZBfP/version01.jpg> Windows & Android updates

Like a flat earth proponent denying the earth is round, nospam can't fathom
that any modern consumer operating system could possibly update that long.
<https://i.postimg.cc/TwN6P0QR/appleid08.jpg> Only Apple requires a login

And yet, they all continually update... Linux, Windows, and Android.
Every modern operating system updates asychronously by layers.
*_Except_ Apple operating systems!*

That means:
a. Modern operating systems other than from Apple have long support lives
b. By way of stark contrast, Apple's operating systems "*just die*".

Why?

As of Project Mainline/Treble (since renamed a few times by Google),
Android is updated in layers such that the operating system lives forever
(and those layers are _all_ donated to the AOSP open source community).

And my Windows desktop was born in 2009 on whatever Windows it came with
at the time, which has been updated for free in all the 13 years since.

Yet my iPads just die.
Why?

*Why are Apple operating systems the _least in longevity_ of all common OS's?*
<https://i.postimg.cc/3x3pZBfP/version01.jpg>L Windows & Android updates

Can you name a _single_ common consumer OS with a shorter lifespan than iOS?

nospam

Aug 6, 2022, 3:54:37 PM8/6/22
In article <tcm7aj$13q6$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> Yet my iPads just die.
> Why?

because *you* fucked up.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 6, 2022, 8:04:44 PM8/6/22
nospam wrote:

>> Yet my iPads just die.
>> Why?
>
> because *you* fucked up.

What's different with the iPads is that Apple kills off the operating
system, which wouldn't be so bad if the _entire_ set of default
applications didn't get killed off with it. But it does.

Meanwhile, Android updates in layers so even if the operating system
_version_ was killed off (which happens frequently), the apps live on.

That's the difference between a modern operating system design for
longevity (e.g., Windows, Linux, and Android) and one designed to die.

While _every_ other common consumer OS lives on essentially forever, the
Apple operating systems just die - because everything dies with it.

Note: The facts being what they ware, the question is "Why".

nospam

Aug 6, 2022, 8:27:56 PM8/6/22
In article <tcmviq$9om$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> >> Yet my iPads just die.
> >> Why?
> >
> > because *you* fucked up.
>
> What's different with the iPads is that Apple kills off the operating
> system,

they do not.

in fact, my original ipad from more than 12 years ago still works
perfectly fine and can do everything it did when it was new, without
any issues whatsoever.

> which wouldn't be so bad if the _entire_ set of default
> applications didn't get killed off with it.

nothing is killed off.

> But it does.

it does not.

> Meanwhile,

blah blah. more incorrect bullshit demonstrating just how incredibly
uninformed you are.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 7, 2022, 3:08:16 AM8/7/22
nospam wrote:

>> What's different with the iPads is that Apple kills off the operating
>> system,
>
> they do not.

Yes they do.
The question is simply why.

Why does Apple kill off its default apps when the operating system dies?

Specifically, why can't an older iOS update the default apps to the latest
version like all other common consumer operating systems habitually do?

> in fact, my original ipad from more than 12 years ago still works
> perfectly fine and can do everything it did when it was new, without
> any issues whatsoever.

Bullshit.
I have access to older iPads and they can't load (almost) a damn thing.

Since you've never owned a modern operating system, you think that's normal
But it's not.

A modern operating system can still load the latest apps, e.g., even an
ancient Android phone can still load most of the latest default Google
apps.

>> which wouldn't be so bad if the _entire_ set of default
>> applications didn't get killed off with it.
>
> nothing is killed off.

Bullshit.
What ceases to be shocking is how _little_ you know of iOS, nospam.

You can't load a damn thing (almost) on an older iPad.

>> But it does.
>
> it does not.

iOS kills off _both_ the default apps and the operating system.
No other modern operating system does that.

It's only iOS that *just dies* on you.

>> Meanwhile,
>
> blah blah. more incorrect bullshit demonstrating just how incredibly
> uninformed you are.

Clearly you've never used an older iOS device nospam since the fact remains
a fact whether or not you like that fact that you can't load (almost) a
damn thing on an older iPad.

And yet, for older Android or Windows 10 or Linux, almost every default app
can be updated to the latest version of that default app.

It's _only_ iOS where the default apps dies with the operating system.
That's just a fact.

The question here is why.

Specifically, why can't an older iOS update the default apps to the latest
version like all other common consumer operating systems habitually do?

nospam

Aug 7, 2022, 5:57:29 AM8/7/22
In article <tcnocu$1kn$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> Specifically, why can't an older iOS update the default apps to the latest
> version

because the latest versions of apps use apis and frameworks not
available in older versions of the os, exactly the same as all other
oses.

for example, newer versions of safari and many other apps use
wkwebview, which doesn't exist on older versions of ios.

another example is arkit, which is is relatively new and also benefits
from hardware not present on older devices, such as the lidar scanner.
roomplan requires the lidar scanner.

> like all other common consumer operating systems habitually do?

no they don't, for the same reasons.

> > in fact, my original ipad from more than 12 years ago still works
> > perfectly fine and can do everything it did when it was new, without
> > any issues whatsoever.
>
> Bullshit.

not at all.

> I have access to older iPads and they can't load (almost) a damn thing.

because you fucked up and refuse to accept responsibility.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 7, 2022, 5:26:17 PM8/7/22
nospam wrote:

>> version
>
> because the latest versions of apps use apis and frameworks not
> available in older versions of the os, exactly the same as all other
> oses.

While that's true, _why_ is it that they die far sooner on iOS?

> for example, newer versions of safari and many other apps use
> wkwebview, which doesn't exist on older versions of ios.

And yet the latest Chrome works on almost every version of Android.

> another example is arkit, which is is relatively new and also benefits
> from hardware not present on older devices, such as the lidar scanner.
> roomplan requires the lidar scanner.

Why is it that iOS Safari dies sooner than does Chrome on Android?

>> like all other common consumer operating systems habitually do?
>
> no they don't, for the same reasons.

No other operating system has this problem that the archaic iOS has.
*iOS just dies*

The whole thing (almost).
Dead. Poof. Gone.

That's just a fact.
The question isn't whether that's a fact - because it _is_ a fact.

The question is why.

>> I have access to older iPads and they can't load (almost) a damn thing.
>
> because you fucked up and refuse to accept responsibility.

I'm not talking about my recent iPads; I'm talking about older iPads.
The older iPads... almost everything on them... can't be updated.

Meanwhile, _every_ other platform is still alive in terms of app updates.
That's just a fact that the whole thing (almost) just dies when it's iOS.

The question is why.

nospam

Aug 7, 2022, 5:47:08 PM8/7/22
In article <tcpaln$sp1$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> > because the latest versions of apps use apis and frameworks not
> > available in older versions of the os, exactly the same as all other
> > oses.
>
> While that's true, _why_ is it that they die far sooner on iOS?

they don't.

> And yet the latest Chrome works on almost every version of Android.

no it doesn't.

> The older iPads... almost everything on them... can't be updated.

the current ipad os 15 works on ipads as far back as 2014, *eight*
years ago.

android support doesn't come anywhere close to that. older the vast
majority of android devices can't be updated beyond a couple of years.
a scarce few might be 3-4 years.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 7, 2022, 6:06:29 PM8/7/22
nospam wrote:

>> While that's true, _why_ is it that they die far sooner on iOS?
>
> they don't.

Let's keep this factual discussion to an adult level nospam, shall we?
(I realize you _hate_ facts - but I'm going to stick to the facts anyway.)

Remember, I never dispute facts.
You do. Not me.

Only fool disputes facts.

Let's take the example of Safari as I _know_ Chrome doesn't go all the way
back to the first Android phone (like other apps do) which makes Safari
versus Chrome a "fair fight" since Chrome does NOT go all the way back.

I don't remember, offhand, how far back Chrome goes, so it's a perfect way
to start our comparison of facts between iOS & Android default app support.

>> And yet the latest Chrome works on almost every version of Android.
>
> no it doesn't.

Again, only a fool disputes facts, nospam.
Let's bring out the facts.

a. You tell me which is the _oldest_ iOS the current Safari loads on.
b. I'll look up the oldest Android that the current Chrome loads on.

That will be our first combined objective test.

>> The older iPads... almost everything on them... can't be updated.
>
> the current ipad os 15 works on ipads as far back as 2014, *eight*
> years ago.

I only care about the facts, nospam.

a. You tell us what is the _oldest_ iOS the newest Safari works on.
b. I will tell us what the oldest Android the newest Chrome works on.

That's a fair comparison, is it not?

> android support doesn't come anywhere close to that. older the vast
> majority of android devices can't be updated beyond a couple of years.
> a scarce few might be 3-4 years.

a. Tell us what the oldest iOS is that the newest Safari loads & works on.
b. I will look up the oldest Android that the newest Chrome does the same.

That's a fair starting point for an _adult_ discussion, is it not?

nospam

Aug 7, 2022, 6:38:01 PM8/7/22
In article <tcpd13$1l78$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, Andy Burnelli
<sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> Remember, I never dispute facts.

evidence shows otherwise

> Only fool disputes facts.

there you go again, calling yourself a fool.

Alan

Aug 8, 2022, 12:06:42 PM8/8/22
On 2022-08-06 10:11, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> It's a serious question of why _only_ Apple operating systems just die.
> *Nobody can name a common consumer OS with _shorter_ support than iOS!*
They don't.

Alan

Aug 8, 2022, 12:10:22 PM8/8/22
On 2022-08-07 15:06, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>
>>> While that's true, _why_ is it that they die far sooner on iOS?
>>
>> they don't.
>
> Let's keep this factual discussion to an adult level nospam, shall we?
> (I realize you _hate_ facts - but I'm going to stick to the facts anyway.)
>
> Remember, I never dispute facts.
> You do. Not me.
>
> Only  fool disputes facts.
>
> Let's take the example of Safari as I _know_ Chrome doesn't go all the way
> back to the first Android phone (like other apps do) which makes Safari
> versus Chrome a "fair fight" since Chrome does NOT go all the way back.
>
> I don't remember, offhand, how far back Chrome goes, so it's a perfect way
> to start our comparison of facts between iOS & Android default app support.
>
>>> And yet the latest Chrome works on almost every version of Android.
>>
>> no it doesn't.
>
> Again, only a fool disputes facts, nospam.
> Let's bring out the facts.
>
> a. You tell me which is the _oldest_ iOS the current Safari loads on.
> b. I'll look up the oldest Android that the current Chrome loads on.

It's also a tacit admission that when you stated, "And yet the latest
Chrome works on almost every version of Android"

...you didn't actually know if that was true or not.

'Chrome is available on phones and tablets running Android 6.0+
(Marshmallow).'

<https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95346?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid>

Andy Burnelli

Aug 8, 2022, 1:42:01 PM8/8/22
nospam wrote:

>> Remember, I never dispute facts.
>
> evidence shows otherwise

Adults provide facts to back up their belief systems.
iKooks do not.

As always, the iKooks deny all facts without a shred of evidence?
Why?
I don't know why.

It may be simply that iKooks _hate_ all facts about Apple.
Or, it may be that iKooks simply hate all facts.

Either way, the iKooks' entire belief system is purely imaginary.
Like that of a kindergarten child musing about Santa Claus.

Facts don't play any role in iKooks wholly fabricated belief system.

*Where is your evidence nospam, that iOS does NOT _just die_ on you?*

Even Apple says *you must _replace_ the iPad/iPhone* to get current apps.
<https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252623454>

It remains that of all common consumer operating systems,
Apple operating systems and included default apps die soonest.

If you're going to dispute this, you'd better provide facts - because...
*iOS just dies*

Even Apple says you can't update the default apps outside of the OS.
<https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251147046>
"*You cannot singularly update Safari* as it is a component of iOS.
As such, it is updated together with iOS."

And if anyone sane on Windows relied on Safari, they're screwed.
<https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204416>
"Apple no longer offers Safari updates for Windows.
Safari 5.1.7 for Windows was the last version made for Windows,
and it is now outdated."

If you use Apple software, it will "just die" on you.
*iOS dies soonest*

The oldest handset supported by iOS 13 is the iPhone 6s.
The iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
The first generation iPhone SE will not get the iOS 16 update.

iPad2, iPad3 and iPad mini1 can only be updated to iOS 9.3.5 (WiFi Only
models)
or iOS 9.3.6 (WiFi & Cellular models).

The Chrome Browser requires iOS12.2 or later
<https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252623454>
"As older versions of Apps are removed from the Apple App Store,
you'll not be able to (re)download or install them which
*severely limits the usefulness and utility of your iPad*.
As such, if you want or need to access most current Apps,
requiring more recent versions of iOS, you'll need to consider
*replacement of your iPad* with a newer or current model."

To use Chrome browser on Windows, you'll need Windows 7, Windows 8,
Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later.

To use Chrome browser on Mac, you'll need OS X El Capitan 10.11 or later.

To use Chrome browser on Linux, you'll need 64-bit Ubuntu 18.04+,
Debian 10+, openSUSE 15.2+, or Fedora Linux 32+.

To use Chrome browser on Android, you'll need Android Marshmallow 6.0 or
later.
<https://support.google.com/chrome/a/answer/7100626>

It remains that of all common consumer operating systems,
Apple operating systems and included default apps die soonest.

If you're going to dispute this, you'd better provide facts - because...
*iOS just dies*

Chris

Aug 8, 2022, 3:14:26 PM8/8/22
Andy Burnelli <sp...@nospam.com> wrote:

> Like a flat earth proponent denying the earth is round,

Wrong. They do believe it's round; as a disc. They don't believe it's a
globe.

> Yet my iPads just die.
> Why?

God knows. All my ipads still work, including an original first generation
one.

> Can you name a _single_ common consumer OS with a shorter lifespan than iOS?

My Moto G 4G only lasted 18 months. And my HTC Desire only got a year's
worth of updates.

nospam

Aug 8, 2022, 3:51:28 PM8/8/22
In article <tcrnag$10pd8$1...@dont-email.me>, Chris <ithi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Yet my iPads just die.
> > Why?
>
> God knows. All my ipads still work, including an original first generation
> one.

he's already explained what happened.

first of all, his ipads didn't die. they still work fine, they're just
asking for his apple id password. he could ignore that, but that won't
fit his ranting.

his problem is he has no idea what the password is, and he can't reset
it because he also used a disposable email address for the apple id,
which he does not remember (and probably wouldn't work anymore even if
he did remember it).

what is no surprise to anyone, he blames apple for his fuckup.

fafo.

> > Can you name a _single_ common consumer OS with a shorter lifespan than iOS?
>
> My Moto G 4G only lasted 18 months. And my HTC Desire only got a year's
> worth of updates.

you must be mistaken.

he said android is updated forever and the latest version of chrome
will run on it, as will all existing apps, past, present and future.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 8, 2022, 6:41:10 PM8/8/22
Chris wrote:

> All my ipads still work, including an original first generation
> one.

Oh Good! Show me a screenshot of the latest Safari on that iPad.

Oh wait! You can't.

You lied.

Again.
--
What the iKooks do is lie to cover up the fact iOS dies soonest.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 8, 2022, 6:43:06 PM8/8/22
nospam wrote:

> he's already explained what happened.

It's no longer shocking you think this is about _my_ iPads when the fact is
that Chris lied about _his_ iPads and I wasn't even talking about mine.

The fact is Safari just dies, along with the iOS for Chris' old iPads.

Chris lied.

Why did Chris lie?
I don't know why.

I suspect it's as simply as you iKooks all _hate_ the facts about iOS.
*iOS dies soonest* of all common consumer operating systems.

Alan

Aug 8, 2022, 6:44:29 PM8/8/22
On 2022-08-08 15:41, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>> All my ipads still work, including an original first generation
>> one.
>
> Oh Good! Show me a screenshot of the latest Safari on that iPad.
>
> Oh wait! You can't.
>
> You lied.
>
> Again.

No, Arlen: YOU lied.

You lied by omitting much of what he said.

Alan

Aug 8, 2022, 6:46:30 PM8/8/22
On 2022-08-08 15:43, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> nospam wrote:
>
>> he's already explained what happened.
>
> It's no longer shocking you think this is about _my_ iPads when the fact is
> that Chris lied about _his_ iPads and I wasn't even talking about mine.

He didn't lie, liar. YOU lieed.

> The fact is Safari just dies, along with the iOS for Chris' old iPads.

I have an old iPad—an original iPad Mini.

Safari continues to work on it.

Alan

Aug 8, 2022, 6:47:12 PM8/8/22
On 2022-08-08 15:41, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>> All my ipads still work, including an original first generation
>> one.
>
> Oh Good! Show me a screenshot of the latest Safari on that iPad.

Show us a screenshot of Chrome on an Android phone that can't run
Android 6 or higher...

Jolly Roger

Aug 8, 2022, 8:07:41 PM8/8/22
On 2022-08-08, Chris <ithi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Andy Burnelli <sp...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>> Yet my iPads just die. Why?
>
> God knows. All my ipads still work, including an original first
> generation one.

Same here with my iPad 1 and 2. Safari, Messages, and a slew of other
apps continue to run on these things. Dipshit Andy wants us not to
believe our lying eye though. We are supposed to believe our iPads are
"just dead", according to dipshit Andy.

>> Can you name a _single_ common consumer OS with a shorter lifespan than iOS?
>
> My Moto G 4G only lasted 18 months. And my HTC Desire only got a year's
> worth of updates.

You are supposed to ignore those as if they do not exist. It's the only
way dipshit Andy's lame trolls work. ; )

JR

Jolly Roger

Aug 8, 2022, 8:09:12 PM8/8/22
No, no. That iPad is "just dead", you see. Don't believe your lying
eyes! It's just dead. And nothing Chris, you, I, or anyone else can say
will change this "FACT".

Your Name

Aug 8, 2022, 8:18:14 PM8/8/22
But according to that braindead know-nothing moron, every Android
device can run the lastest version of Android OS.

Jolly Roger

Aug 8, 2022, 8:54:55 PM8/8/22
Yes. Otherwise they "just die". ; )

Andy Burnelli

Aug 8, 2022, 11:32:57 PM8/8/22
Jolly Roger wrote:

>>> Oh Good! Show me a screenshot of the latest Safari on that iPad.
>>>
>>> Oh wait! You can't.
>>>
>>> You lied.
>>>
>>> Again.
>>
>> No, Arlen: YOU lied.
>>
>> You lied by omitting much of what he said.
>
> No, no. That iPad is "just dead", you see. Don't believe your lying
> eyes! It's just dead. And nothing Chris, you, I, or anyone else can say
> will change this "FACT".

The is about updating default apps to the latest version, you morons.

1. Chris lied when he claimed his older iPads could update Safari.
2. The fact he so brazenly lied is indicative of his rather low IQ.
3. He doesn't know only iKooks don't realize you can't even do it.

Everyone else knows that iOS has the shortest default app update period.

That's the whole point that you low-IQ uneducated iKooks don't comprehend.
*Support for updating iOS default apps is the _shortest_ of all OSs*

That's just a fact.
The funny thing is you iKooks _hate_ that fact so much that you deny it.

The fact remains iOS has the _shortest_ default app update period of all.
*iOS just dies*

Alan

Aug 8, 2022, 11:46:06 PM8/8/22
On 2022-08-08 20:33, Andy Burnelli wrote:

>>> No, Arlen: YOU lied.
>>>
>>> You lied by omitting much of what he said.
>>
>> No, no. That iPad is "just dead", you see. Don't believe your lying
>> eyes! It's just dead. And nothing Chris, you, I, or anyone else can say
>> will change this "FACT".
>
> The is about updating default apps to the latest version, you morons.
>
> 1. Chris lied when he claimed his older iPads could update Safari.

Well that's another lie.

> 2. The fact he so brazenly lied is indicative of his rather low IQ.
> 3. He doesn't know only iKooks don't realize you can't even do it.
>
> Everyone else knows that iOS has the shortest default app update period.
>
> That's the whole point that you low-IQ uneducated iKooks don't comprehend.
> *Support for updating iOS default apps is the _shortest_ of all OSs*
>
> That's just a fact.
> The funny thing is you iKooks _hate_ that fact so much that you deny it.
>
> The fact remains iOS has the _shortest_ default app update period of all.
> *iOS just dies*

A "fact" you haven't provided any support for...

Chris

Aug 9, 2022, 2:53:36 AM8/9/22
Andy Burnelli <sp...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>> All my ipads still work, including an original first generation
>> one.
>
> Oh Good! Show me a screenshot of the latest Safari on that iPad.

I will when you show me a Nexus One running the latest Chrome browser. I'll
be impressed as Chrome requires Android 6 and the Nexus only got 2.3
"gingerbread".

> Oh wait! You can't.
>
> You lied.
>
> Again.

You're projecting. Again. Lol.

Chris

Aug 9, 2022, 10:44:29 AM8/9/22
On 09/08/2022 04:33, Andy Burnelli wrote:

>>> No, Arlen: YOU lied.
>>>
>>> You lied by omitting much of what he said.
>>
>> No, no. That iPad is "just dead", you see. Don't believe your lying
>> eyes! It's just dead. And nothing Chris, you, I, or anyone else can say
>> will change this "FACT".
>
> The is about updating default apps to the latest version, you morons.
>
> 1. Chris lied when he claimed his older iPads could update Safari.

If you had any credibility, you'd show where I claimed that.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 9, 2022, 12:44:28 PM8/9/22
Jolly Roger wrote:

>> God knows. All my ipads still work, including an original first
>> generation one.
>
> Same here with my iPad 1 and 2.

FACTS

Like flat earthers... it's no longer shocking how iKooks can't comprehend
the basic fact that you can not load the latest Safari on those iPads.

> Safari, Messages, and a slew of other
> apps continue to run on these things.

Those iPads do not load the latest Safari no matter how much you lie.

> Dipshit Andy wants us not to
> believe our lying eye though. We are supposed to believe our iPads are
> "just dead", according to dipshit Andy.

You are lying when you claim you loaded the _latest_ Safari onto that iPad.

>>> Can you name a _single_ common consumer OS with a shorter lifespan than iOS?
>>
>> My Moto G 4G only lasted 18 months. And my HTC Desire only got a year's
>> worth of updates.
>
> You are supposed to ignore those as if they do not exist. It's the only
> way dipshit Andy's lame trolls work. ; )

It's no longer shocking how you low IQ iKooks can't comprehend the basic
fact they are _desperate_ to claim isn't a fact because they _hate_ it.

Either you iKooks don't realize the fact that the latest Safari does _not_
load onto those older iPads, or, you're simply lying to us that it does.
--
Note: I understand full well how _desperate_ the iKooks are to claim that
all facts about Apple products are wrong simply because _they_ hate facts.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 9, 2022, 12:53:16 PM8/9/22
Your Name wrote:

> But according to that braindead know-nothing moron, every Android
> device can run the lastest version of Android OS.

Because Safari (& other key apps) are including in the Operating System...
*iOS dies soonest*

It's no longer shocking that after a hundred posts, the low IQ uneducated
iKooks can't comprehend we're talking about key apps, like Safari & Chrome.

What's the oldest iPad that can be updated to the newest Safari?
What's the oldest mac that can be updated to the newest Safari?
What's the oldest Android that can be updated to the newest Chrome?
What's the oldest Windows that can be updated to the newest Chrome?
What's the oldest Linux that can be updated to the newest Chrome?

Because Safari (& other key apps) are including in the Operating System...
*iOS dies soonest*

Andy Burnelli

Aug 9, 2022, 12:53:40 PM8/9/22
Jolly Roger wrote:

>> But according to that braindead know-nothing moron, every Android
>> device can run the lastest version of Android OS.
>
> Yes. Otherwise they "just die". ; )

Andy Burnelli

Aug 9, 2022, 12:54:50 PM8/9/22
Chris wrote:

>> Oh Good! Show me a screenshot of the latest Safari on that iPad.
>
> I will when you show me a Nexus One running the latest Chrome browser. I'll
> be impressed as Chrome requires Android 6 and the Nexus only got 2.3
> "gingerbread".

What's the oldest iPad that can be updated to the newest Safari?
What's the oldest mac that can be updated to the newest Safari?
What's the oldest Android that can be updated to the newest Chrome?
What's the oldest Windows that can be updated to the newest Chrome?
What's the oldest Linux that can be updated to the newest Chrome?

>> Oh wait! You can't.
>>
>> You lied.
>>
>> Again.
>
> You're projecting. Again. Lol.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 9, 2022, 12:56:23 PM8/9/22

Jolly Roger

Aug 9, 2022, 1:45:03 PM8/9/22
On 2022-08-09, Andy Burnelli <sp...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>>> God knows. All my ipads still work, including an original first
>>> generation one.
>>
>> Same here with my iPad 1 and 2.
>
> FACTS
>
> Like flat earthers... it's no longer shocking how iKooks can't
> comprehend the basic fact that you can not load the latest Safari on
> those iPads.

FACTS

Dimwit Arlen (Andy) thinks by trimming what he said, the internet will
just magically forget he said they "just die". : ) Meanwhile, we know
very well that just because they don't run the latest version of some
apps doesn't mean they "just die" as this dimwit troll claims. He's
*desperately* trying to move the goal post as usual. What a loser.

>> Safari, Messages, and a slew of other apps continue to run on these
>> things.
>
> Those iPads do not load the latest Safari no matter how much you lie.

Those iPads don't "just die" no matter how much you lie. : )

Andy Burnelli

Aug 9, 2022, 4:08:13 PM8/9/22
Jolly Roger wrote:

> Dimwit Arlen (Andy) thinks by trimming what he said, the internet will
> just magically forget he said they "just die". : ) Meanwhile, we know
> very well that just because they don't run the latest version of some
> apps doesn't mean they "just die" as this dimwit troll claims. He's
> *desperately* trying to move the goal post as usual. What a loser.

When I say that iOS has the shortest support period for default apps of all
the common consumer operating systems, that means Safari too, Jolly Roger.

Why?
Do I really have to explain to you that Safari is part of iOS?

Seriously?

*Jolly Roger doesn't know the fact is no other common operating system*
*has a _shorter_ lifespan for default apps (which Safari is) than iOS.*

That's just a fact.
It's a fact that anyone who has a normal IQ would already be aware of.

It's clear that Jolly Roger's belief system is based on exactly zero facts!

The fact all you iKooks are lying that Safari is supported is just another
bit of evidence of how _desperate_ you are to cover up iOS' support flaws.

>>> Safari, Messages, and a slew of other apps continue to run on these
>>> things.
>>
>> Those iPads do not load the latest Safari no matter how much you lie.
>
> Those iPads don't "just die" no matter how much you lie. : )

When I say that iOS has the shortest support period for default apps of all
the common consumer operating systems, that means Safari too, Jolly Roger.

Why?
Do I really have to explain to you that Safari is part of iOS?

Seriously?
You don't know that?

The fact Jolly Roger is _that_ ignorant about iOS is no longer shocking.
*iOS just dies*

The iKooks _hate_ that fact - but the fact that's a fact doesn't change the
fact that that fact is a fact - which is why iOS support *just dies*.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 9, 2022, 4:49:52 PM8/9/22
Chris wrote:

>> 1. Chris lied when he claimed his older iPads could update Safari.
>
> If you had any credibility, you'd show where I claimed that.

Chris,

The concept you whooshed on is that for iOS, the default apps (such as
Safari) are part of the operating system - whether you like it or not.

Even though this is well known to _adults_, it's clear you low-IQ
uneducated iKooks are not aware of that well-known unassailable fact.

The fact is that you can NOT load the latest iOS onto your older iPad.
That means you can NOT load the latest Safari onto your older iPad.

The point you low-IQ uneducated iKooks can't seem to comprehend is that.
*iOS just dies*

More specifically...
*Support for iOS just dies*

And more to the point...
*Support for iOS default apps just dies*

This is the fundamental basis for the fact that iOS dies soonest.

Why does iOS die soonest?
Because support for default iOS apps die soonest?

Why don't other operating systems die sooner than does iOS?
Because other operating systems are updated in layers - but not iOS.

This is simple stuff Chris.
Even you should be able to comprehend it.

You don't need to lie.
More specifically, you don't need to lie because you _hate_ facts.

All you need to do is _accept_ the fact that you can't load the latest
Safari onto your older iPads - which is just a fact you happen to hate.

Jolly Roger

Aug 9, 2022, 9:26:59 PM8/9/22
On 2022-08-09, Andy Burnelli <sp...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Jolly Roger wrote:
>
>> Dimwit Arlen (Andy) thinks by trimming what he said, the internet
>> will just magically forget he said they "just die". : ) Meanwhile, we
>> know very well that just because they don't run the latest version of
>> some apps doesn't mean they "just die" as this dimwit troll claims.
>> He's *desperately* trying to move the goal post as usual. What a
>> loser.
>
> When I say that iOS has the shortest support period for default apps

No, it is a matter of record forever that you said "iOS just dies",
which is a flat-out laughable lie as anyone who owns an older device
knows from first-hand experience, you utterly useless dingbat of a
troll. You're scrambling and desperately trying to move the goalposts
now that your idiotic statement is being shown to be completely false,
because that's all you can do since you *can't* back up your idiotic
claim. And frankly, it's just fucking pathetic to watch you do this over
and over again. You are incapable of learning from your mistakes.

> Why?

Because you have no life. You are quite literally entirely *consumed* by
irrational hatred, which drives you to spend *every* waking moment of
your pathetic and sad, little life trolling the Apple newsgroups in lame
attempts to get a rise out of people you apparently *despise* with every
*bone* in your pathetic, decrepit, old body. Your entire *existence* is
consumed with pure sadness and *bitterness*. You add *nothing* of value
to the Apple newsgroups, and only serve to *disrupt*. You're a pathetic
excuse of a human being - and that will be your *legacy* here. The day
you breath your final breath will be a day of *celebration* here. And I,
for one, look *forward* to that day. And I am sure I will see that day,
being much *younger* than you. : ) Tick tock, motherfucker.

> Seriously?

Yep. : )

Jolly Roger

Aug 9, 2022, 9:28:27 PM8/9/22
On 2022-08-09, Andy Burnelli <sp...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>>> 1. Chris lied when he claimed his older iPads could update Safari.
>>
>> If you had any credibility, you'd show where I claimed that.
>
> Chris,
>
> The concept you

He can't do it, because you never claimed it. LOL! And he thinks by
blabbing on and on, we'll just magically forget that he can't back up
anything he says. Just SAD. : )

Andy Burnelli

Aug 10, 2022, 1:41:17 AM8/10/22
Jolly Roger wrote:

> No, it is a matter of record forever that you said "iOS just dies"

Jesus Christ. *You really don't know Safari is part of iOS?*

Holy Shit. You're _that_ stupid, Jolly Roger?
C'mon. Nobody is that stupid.

Except you.

> which is a flat-out laughable lie as anyone who owns an older device
> knows from first-hand experience, you utterly useless dingbat of a
> troll.

What's no longer amazing is you don't know Safari is part of iOS.
Jesus Christ. You really are _that_ stupid, Jolly Roger.

> You're scrambling and desperately trying to move the goalposts
> now that your idiotic statement is being shown to be completely false,

And yet, it's _you_ who is ignorant that Safari is part of iOS: Not me.
You lied and claimed that Safari is NOT part of iOS.

And yet, it is.
It's only you low-IQ ill-educated iKooks who don't know that simple fact.

> because that's all you can do since you *can't* back up your idiotic
> claim.

I'm not the one ignorant that Safari is part of iOS Jolly Roger.
You are.

Your entire _desperate_ argument _requires_ Safari to _not_ be part of
iOS... and yet... it is.

The fact you don't know that fact is no longer shocking Jolly Roger.
It's _why_ I can easily prove you iKooks own a substandard IQ.

Only an utter moron would make your claim Safaris is not part of iOS.

> And frankly, it's just fucking pathetic to watch you do this over
> and over again. You are incapable of learning from your mistakes.

What's "pathetic" is you don't realize Safari is part of iOS.
Each of you iKooks is so desperate you each lied and said it was not.

But it is.
And that's the point.

You can't update Safari (and a bunch of other key apps).
That's proof that *iOS just dies*
--
Note on other platforms, you _can_ easily update the default browser.
Just not on iOS because iOS dies soonest of all common consumer platforms.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 10, 2022, 2:07:21 AM8/10/22
Jolly Roger wrote:

> He can't do it, because you never claimed it. LOL! And he thinks by
> blabbing on and on, we'll just magically forget that he can't back up
> anything he says. Just SAD. : )

Look Jolly Roger,

I get it you're quaking in fear of the facts because you _hate_ facts.

But just answer this simple _adult_ question with a YES or a NO please.

ADULT QUESTION: *Is Safari part of iOS?*
JOLLY ROGER ANSWER: (yes) or (no)
--
C'mon Jolly Roger... I know you're afraid. But just answer the question.

Chris

Aug 10, 2022, 2:33:35 AM8/10/22
Andy Burnelli <sp...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Chris wrote:
>
>>> 1. Chris lied when he claimed his older iPads could update Safari.
>>
>> If you had any credibility, you'd show where I claimed that.
>
> Chris,
>
> The concept you whooshed on ..

.. you're obsessive and have a very distorted view of reality.

cris

Aug 10, 2022, 10:27:03 AM8/10/22
On 10/08/2022 06:33, Chris wrote:

>> The concept you whooshed on ..
>
> .. you're obsessive and have a very distorted view of reality.

He's right you know.
Safari is part of iOS.

His view of reality is correct.
Yours is distorted.

Alan

Aug 10, 2022, 10:52:25 AM8/10/22
On 2022-08-10 07:27, cris wrote:
> On 10/08/2022 06:33, Chris wrote:
>
>>> The concept you whooshed on ..
>>
>> .. you're obsessive and have a very distorted view of reality.
>
> He's right you know.
> Safari is part of iOS.

Nope.

It is shipped WITH the OS but it is not PART of the OS.

> His view of reality is correct.
> Yours is distorted.

His claim was that that "iOS dies".

It doesn't.

cris

Aug 10, 2022, 1:53:21 PM8/10/22
On 10/08/2022 15:52, Alan wrote:

>>> .. you're obsessive and have a very distorted view of reality.
>>
>> He's right you know.
>> Safari is part of iOS.
>
> Nope.
>
> It is shipped WITH the OS but it is not PART of the OS.

Look it up. They are a matched set.
When one can't be updated an longer the other can't be updated either.
If you think otherwise it's YOUR reality which is distorted. Not his.

sms

Aug 10, 2022, 2:08:24 PM8/10/22
On 8/10/2022 7:27 AM, cris wrote:
> On 10/08/2022 06:33, Chris wrote:
>
>>> The concept you whooshed on ..
>>
>> .. you're obsessive and have a very distorted view of reality.
>
> He's right you know.
> Safari is part of iOS.

Yes, it's included with iOS. It used to also be available for Windows.

nospam

Aug 10, 2022, 2:38:40 PM8/10/22
In article <td0s6m$1t9l3$1...@dont-email.me>, sms
<scharf...@geemail.com> wrote:

> > Safari is part of iOS.
>
> Yes, it's included with iOS.

'included with' means it's not part of the os, but an included extra.

> It used to also be available for Windows.

that was more than a decade ago, to facilitate writing web apps for
iphones.

Hank Rogers

Aug 10, 2022, 3:23:02 PM8/10/22
Indeed. It was NOT needed, and NOBODY wanted it.

Therefore, they dropped it.

nospam

Aug 10, 2022, 3:48:29 PM8/10/22
In article <td10ij$1tnpo$1...@dont-email.me>, Hank Rogers
<Ha...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> >> It used to also be available for Windows.
> >
> > that was more than a decade ago, to facilitate writing web apps for
> > iphones.
> >

> Indeed. It was NOT needed, and NOBODY wanted it.
>
> Therefore, they dropped it.

pretty much. once the iphone sdk came out, nobody wanted to write web
apps anymore. even at its peak, safari on windows had a very small
share and web apps can be written without it, so there was no
justification to continue developing it.

also, claiming that it was available on windows is clear proof it's
*not* part of any os.

John

Aug 11, 2022, 12:18:39 PM8/11/22
The WinNutjobs are extremely low IQ.

Alan

Aug 11, 2022, 1:24:44 PM8/11/22
I know what an operating system is, and simply because Apple chooses to
bundle Safari with the OS doesn't make it a part of the OS.

cris

Aug 11, 2022, 3:55:42 PM8/11/22
Then it's only your version of reality that is distorted but you can
continue to believe whatever you want that makes you feel better about it.

News

Aug 11, 2022, 3:59:28 PM8/11/22
It gets him through the day and his expert-on-all-topics posts.

cris

Aug 11, 2022, 4:00:32 PM8/11/22
On 10/08/2022 16:52, Hank Rogers wrote:

>>> Yes, it's included with iOS.
>>
>> 'included with' means it's not part of the os, but an included extra.
>>
>>> It used to also be available for Windows.
>>
>> that was more than a decade ago, to facilitate writing web apps for
>> iphones.
>>

> Indeed. It was NOT needed, and NOBODY wanted it.
>
> Therefore, they dropped it.

Not only is Safari not needed and nobody wanted it, but nobody wants to set
iOS web browser default to anything but the not needed Safari nobody wants.

:->

cris

Aug 11, 2022, 4:06:45 PM8/11/22
On 10/08/2022 17:18, nospam wrote:

> also, claiming that it was available on windows is clear proof it's
> *not* part of any os.

How can you get iOS Safari updates outside the iOS operating system update?

Andy Burnelli

Aug 11, 2022, 6:10:55 PM8/11/22
John wrote:

> The WinNutjobs are extremely low IQ.

FACTS

1. It was shown, with facts, iOS is _different_ from all others OS's.
2. Specifically, default apps such as Safari are _only_ updated with iOS.
3. All other modern operating systems do NOT do something that primitive.

ASSESSMENT:
a. You can't update the default apps on iOS when you can't update iOS.
b. Yet, you _can_ update the default apps on all others no matter what.
c. Only iOS uses the primitive stone-age monolithic update mechanism.

Hence, any intelligent adult would be forced to agree to the facts:
*Apple operating systems die _far sooner_ than all other OS's do*
--
iKooks hate that fact.
But the fact they hate the fact doesn't change the fact it's still a fact.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 11, 2022, 6:15:36 PM8/11/22
News wrote:

> It gets him through the day and his expert-on-all-topics posts.

What Chris and Alan Baker hated was the simple fact of how iOS updates.

Hence, the only way they could deal with that fact was to lie about it and
claim that Safari and iOS updates are not indelibly intertwined after all.

And yet, they are, so only two assessments are possible of these iKooks:
a. They really are that stupid (i.e., they don't know how Safari updates)
b. Or, they simply lied (Why? I don't know why. You tell me why they lied.)

Either way, it's proof of what I've always said about these iKooks:
*The _entire_ belief system of these iKooks is completely imaginary!*

The fact remains:
Only iOS uses the primitive stone-age monolithic update mechanism.

The result being:
Of all common consumer operating systems, *iOS updates die soonest*.

John

Aug 11, 2022, 8:25:43 PM8/11/22
On 8/11/2022 3:11 PM, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> John wrote:
>
>> The WinNutjobs are extremely low IQ.
>
> FACTS
>
> 1. It was shown, with facts, iOS is _different_ from all others OS's.
> 2. Specifically, default apps such as Safari are _only_ updated with iOS.
> 3. All other modern operating systems do NOT do something that primitive.
>
> ASSESSMENT:
> a. You can't update the default apps on iOS when you can't update iOS.
> b. Yet, you _can_ update the default apps on all others no matter what.
> c. Only iOS uses the primitive stone-age monolithic update mechanism.
>
> Hence, any intelligent adult would be forced to agree to the facts:
> *Apple operating systems die _far sooner_ than all other OS's do*

Facts: Apple will provide you an IOS update for 5 years.

Android? Maybe two years of OS version updates if you are lucky.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 11, 2022, 9:37:58 PM8/11/22
Adults process FACTS, "John"... may I assume you're an adult?
1. Then, what if I told you there was a Santa at the mall today?
2. Would you use that single fact to declare Santa Claus is real?

Yes?
Well then, "John"...

There are _many_ facts which form an _adult_ belief system, "John".
Not just a single fact.

Children form belief systems based on a single fact.
Adults are supposed to be able to do more than that.

The reason for bringing up Santa is that _adults_ are different from
children in that adults can process a _set_ of related facts.

FACTS:
A. iOS is a monolith
B. Android is not

RELATED FACTS:
A. Safari is updated with iOS (and vice versa)
B. Chrome is not

MORE RELATED FACTS:
A. Safari is _the_ (only) default browser on iOS
B. Chrome is the (main) default browser on Android

EVEN MORE RELATED FACTS:
A. SAFARI updates die far sooner than do Chrome updates.
B. On _all_ operating systems, Chrome updates last longer.

Oh My.
Time to prove whether you own _adult_ comprehension of facts.

Either you agree iOS support dies soonest, or you don't agree.

If you don't agree because your argument is Safaris isn't updated along
with iOS and that nobody wants Safari and that it's not the default browser
and that you don't need a browser anyway and that you can update Safari
outside of iOS, then you're an iKook who
a. Either knows nothing about iOS,
b. Or hates what he does know about iOS.
(pick one)

If your argument is that Safari isn't part of iOS, then either
a. You're lying, or,
b. You're ignorant.

Because it is.

You don't know anything about iOS if _that_ is your argument, "John".
a. Either you're ignorant that iOS is a monolith, or,
b. You're not ignorant, and then you're lying about iOS support.
(Pick one)

It's easy for adults to see that *iOS dies soonest* of them all.

Your Name

Aug 12, 2022, 2:25:31 AM8/12/22
Please don't confuse the mentally deficient with actual facts. ;-)

CDB

Aug 12, 2022, 9:43:30 AM8/12/22
> [...]
>
> If you don't agree because your argument is Safaris isn't updated along
> with iOS and that nobody wants Safari and that it's not the default browser
> and that you don't need a browser anyway and that you can update Safari
> outside of iOS, then you're an iKook who
> a. Either knows nothing about iOS,
> b. Or hates what he does know about iOS.
> (pick one)
>
> If your argument is that Safari isn't part of iOS, then either
> a. You're lying, or,
> b. You're ignorant.
>
> Because it is.
>
> You don't know anything about iOS if _that_ is your argument, "John".
> a. Either you're ignorant that iOS is a monolith, or,
> b. You're not ignorant, and then you're lying about iOS support.
> (Pick one)
>
> It's easy for adults to see that *iOS dies soonest* of them all.

Your argument logically holds true only if people accept Safari updates
occur within iOS updates.

Otherwise if they update Safari outside of iOS, your logic falls flat.

Alan

Aug 12, 2022, 10:48:17 AM8/12/22
On 2022-08-11 15:11, Andy Burnelli wrote:
> John wrote:
>
>> The WinNutjobs are extremely low IQ.
>
> FACTS
>
> 1. It was shown, with facts, iOS is _different_ from all others OS's.

No. It wasn't.

> 2. Specifically, default apps such as Safari are _only_ updated with iOS.

Which has nothing to do with the OS

> 3. All other modern operating systems do NOT do something that primitive.

Which is nothing to do with iOS

> ASSESSMENT:
> a. You can't update the default apps on iOS when you can't update iOS.

True. So?

> b. Yet, you _can_ update the default apps on all others no matter what.

False.

> c. Only iOS uses the primitive stone-age monolithic update mechanism.

False.

Sail Fisherman

Aug 12, 2022, 11:28:33 AM8/12/22
On Fri, 12 Aug 2022 18:25:29 +1200, Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> scrit:
It's you who is mentally deficient if you don't know how safari updates.

Your Name

Aug 12, 2022, 6:11:57 PM8/12/22
Oh "goody" the moronic troll has either changed it's name or found an
equally stupid friend. Either way, welcome to the killfile. :-\

John

Aug 13, 2022, 10:05:51 PM8/13/22
Noticed you completely ignored the facts I presented: IOS updates for
five years. Android version updates for two years MAX.

Andy Burnelli

Aug 13, 2022, 11:49:10 PM8/13/22
John wrote:

> Noticed you completely ignored the facts I presented: IOS updates for
> five years. Android version updates for two years MAX.

FACTS
*No other common consumer operating system dies _sooner_ than does iOS*

What's interesting is how _ignorant_ all the iKooks are of basic facts:
a. These iKooks don't understand how iOS updates, and, even worse,
b. These iKooks don't understand how Android updates.

However *it's good that you agree that iOS dies sooner than does Android*
when you look at _all_ the facts being presented, not just one of them.

There's a reason I mentioned children believe that if they see a Santa at
the mall, then that must mean that Santa exists and he travels around the
world in a sleigh drawn by reindeer, one of whom has a red bulbous nose.

You are like that child who formed a belief system based on a single fact
(and yet, even _that_ single fact is dead wrong - but it doesn't matter).

Adults, on the other hand, form a belief system based on more than 1 fact.

Even your one fact above is dead wrong - but it doesn't really matter since
the other facts completely contradict your entire imaginary belief system.

HINT: Samsung pledges 4 OS updates, 5 years of patches
<https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_pledges_4_os_updates_5_years_of_patches_for_2021_and_2022_flagships-news-53070.php>

Another fact is Safari support is far shorter than support for Chrome.
Worse, almost _all_ the default iOS apps have far shorter support.

The result of taking all the facts into account is the unassailable fact:
*No other common consumer operating system dies _sooner_ than does iOS*

That's just a fact.
You _hate_ that fact.

But the fact you hate that fact doesn't change the fact that fact is a fact.

Jolly Roger

Aug 14, 2022, 12:13:15 AM8/14/22
On 2022-08-12, John <nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

> Facts: Apple will provide you an IOS update for 5 years.
>
> Android? Maybe two years of OS version updates if you are lucky.

It's actually longer for iPhones, as they typically get iOS updates for
4–6 years before Apple stops supporting them:

<https://www.statista.com/chart/5824/ios-iphone-compatibility/>

JR

JAB

Aug 14, 2022, 1:51:12 AM8/14/22
On 14 Aug 2022 04:13:13 GMT, Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:

>> Facts: Apple will provide you an IOS update for 5 years.
>>
>> Android? Maybe two years of OS version updates if you are lucky.
>
> It's actually longer for iPhones, as they typically get iOS updates for
> 4–6 years before Apple stops supporting them:
>
> <https://www.statista.com/chart/5824/ios-iphone-compatibility/>

Wrong.

My Samsung Galaxy S22 is updated for over five years.
It's supported up to at least 2027, which is longer than iOS support.

nospam

Aug 14, 2022, 6:41:46 AM8/14/22
In article <tda2ge$1sv9$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, JAB <he...@is.invalid> wrote:

> My Samsung Galaxy S22 is updated for over five years.
> It's supported up to at least 2027,

that's an exception, and only because they're trying to catch up with
apple.

also, it's four years of android updates and five years of security
patches, and only 'select devices', not all samsung phones.

<https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s22-s21-and-more-get-four-
years-of-os-updates/>
Samsung had made a huge announcement today regarding software
updates. The company has confirmed at its Unpacked event that it will
now provide four years of Android OS upgrades to select devices.

other android phones are less, typically 2-3 years of support, and a
few even less.

> which is longer than iOS support.

except it isn't.

the iphone 6s, released in 2015, is still getting full ios updates in
2022, nearly *seven* years later, and likely to get security patches
for another year, possibly longer.

the iphone 5s, released in 2013, received security updates until about
a year ago, or *eight* years of support.

samsung's claim of 4 years of updates and 5 years of security patches
is great, but it's not as long as ios.

Bob Campbell

Aug 14, 2022, 9:23:00 AM8/14/22
nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> the iphone 5s, released in 2013, received security updates until about
> a year ago, or *eight* years of support.

Indeed. I have an iPhone 5 that still works fine. Released in 2012. 10
years old. Eat that, troll boy.

Anyways, it received an iOS update in 2020 for the GPS date rollover issue.
The poor fools stuck on Android can only dream of such support.

JAB

Aug 14, 2022, 10:02:25 AM8/14/22
On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 13:20:44 +0000, Bob Campbell <no...@none.none> wrote:

> Indeed. I have an iPhone 5 that still works fine. Released in 2012. 10
> years old. Eat that, troll boy.
>
> Anyways, it received an iOS update in 2020 for the GPS date rollover issue.
> The poor fools stuck on Android can only dream of such support.

My Samsung Galaxy S22 is scheduled to be updated up to at least 2027.

Jolly Roger

Aug 14, 2022, 11:47:42 AM8/14/22
On 2022-08-14, JAB <he...@is.invalid> wrote:
> On 14 Aug 2022 04:13:13 GMT, Jolly Roger <jolly...@pobox.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Facts: Apple will provide you an IOS update for 5 years.
>>>
>>> Android? Maybe two years of OS version updates if you are lucky.
>>
>> It's actually longer for iPhones, as they typically get iOS updates
>> for 4¡V6 years before Apple stops supporting them:
>>
>> <https://www.statista.com/chart/5824/ios-iphone-compatibility/>
>
> Wrong.

I'm 100% right. I said nothing about Android in my post.

BTW, your news client sucks ass, fucking up simple hyphen characters the
way it does above.

nospam

Aug 14, 2022, 12:05:37 PM8/14/22
In article <rq2cnU33iqwxa2X_...@supernews.com>, Bob
i forgot about that one. another good example.

nospam

Aug 14, 2022, 12:05:38 PM8/14/22
In article <tdav9b$gjp$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, JAB <he...@is.invalid> wrote:

> > Indeed. I have an iPhone 5 that still works fine. Released in 2012. 10
> > years old. Eat that, troll boy.
> >
> > Anyways, it received an iOS update in 2020 for the GPS date rollover issue.
> > The poor fools stuck on Android can only dream of such support.
>
> My Samsung Galaxy S22 is scheduled to be updated up to at least 2027.

math is hard.

JAB

Aug 14, 2022, 1:37:29 PM8/14/22
On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 12:05:37 -0400, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> Indeed. I have an iPhone 5 that still works fine. Released in 2012. 10
>>> years old. Eat that, troll boy.
>>>
>>> Anyways, it received an iOS update in 2020 for the GPS date rollover issue.
>>> The poor fools stuck on Android can only dream of such support.
>>
>> My Samsung Galaxy S22 is scheduled to be updated up to at least 2027.
>
> math is hard.

Math is hard.

For you.

The important S22 native apps are updated at least until 2037.

JAB

Aug 14, 2022, 1:40:58 PM8/14/22
On Sun, 14 Aug 2022 12:05:35 -0400, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>>> the iphone 5s, released in 2013, received security updates until about
>>> a year ago, or *eight* years of support.
>>
>> Indeed. I have an iPhone 5 that still works fine. Released in 2012. 10
>> years old. Eat that, troll boy.
>>
>> Anyways, it received an iOS update in 2020 for the GPS date rollover issue.
>> The poor fools stuck on Android can only dream of such support.
>
> i forgot about that one. another good example.

Math is hard. For you.
For important S22 native apps, full support is scheduled at least to 2037.

nospam

Aug 14, 2022, 1:41:14 PM8/14/22
In article <tdbbsn$1pah$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, JAB <he...@is.invalid> wrote:

> >> My Samsung Galaxy S22 is scheduled to be updated up to at least 2027.
> >
> > math is hard.
>
> Math is hard.
>
> For you.
>
> The important S22 native apps are updated at least until 2037.

maybe even 2047.

Bob Campbell

Aug 14, 2022, 2:59:25 PM8/14/22
Not only is math obviously hard for the dim-witted, Androidiot troll child,
but “scheduled to be updated” is not the same as “been happening on iOS for
many years now”.

At best, Samsung is desperately trying to catch up to Apple. Again.

Your Name

Aug 14, 2022, 6:27:08 PM8/14/22
My old Apple PowerMac G3 lasted me 20 years before it died with a
hardware fault. Although it obviously didn't get OS updates for that
entire time, it did go from MacOS 8 through to MacOS X 10.2.
Unofficially it could have run MacOS X 10.3 as well.

John

Aug 14, 2022, 11:16:10 PM8/14/22
When I had Samsung junk tablet back around 2014 I got only one Android
version update. Since when do they give you 4 years?

Bob Campbell

Aug 14, 2022, 11:22:35 PM8/14/22
Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:

> My old Apple PowerMac G3 lasted me 20 years before it died with a
> hardware fault. Although it obviously didn't get OS updates for that
> entire time, it did go from MacOS 8 through to MacOS X 10.2.
> Unofficially it could have run MacOS X 10.3 as well.

I have a G4 Mirror Drive Door Power Mac that still works fine. I replaced
the Power supply a couple years ago. Running MacOS 9 of course.

JAB

Aug 14, 2022, 11:51:09 PM8/14/22
Samsung Android OS & patch updates have changed a lot in recent years.

Not only do Samsung Android OS & security updates last over five years but
the app updates including app security updates have always lasted for well
over ten to fifteen more years AFTER the five year Android OS updates stop.

Jolly Roger

Aug 14, 2022, 11:59:28 PM8/14/22
I still have an Apple Lisa with Macintosh XL conversion that runs fine
to this day. : )

I still have the Mac SE/30 my father purchased back in the 1980s that
runs fine today, and runs a web server 24/7 that you can visit and see a
screenshot of the web server log right on the webpage:
<http://zippy.kicks-ass.org:9997>

I'm not sure how any of this is relevant to the initial discussion
though...

nospam

Aug 15, 2022, 1:20:32 AM8/15/22
In article <DLudnS2xFM3aJ2T_...@giganews.com>, John
<nos...@nospam.com> wrote:

> > <https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s22-s21-and-more-get-four-
> > years-of-os-updates/>
> > Samsung had made a huge announcement today regarding software
> > updates. The company has confirmed at its Unpacked event that it will
> > now provide four years of Android OS upgrades to select devices.
> >
> > other android phones are less, typically 2-3 years of support, and a
> > few even less.

> When I had Samsung junk tablet back around 2014 I got only one Android
> version update. Since when do they give you 4 years?

it's new, and only for 'select devices', not all samsung models.

see above link.

nospam

Aug 15, 2022, 1:20:34 AM8/15/22
In article <tdcfra$tie$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, JAB <he...@is.invalid> wrote:

> >> <https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s22-s21-and-more-get-four-
> >> years-of-os-updates/>
> >> Samsung had made a huge announcement today regarding software
> >> updates. The company has confirmed at its Unpacked event that it will
> >> now provide four years of Android OS upgrades to select devices.
> >>

> Not only do Samsung Android OS & security updates last over five years

not according to samsung, they don't.

it's four years for the os and five years for security patches, and
only for *select* *devices*, not all samsung models.

other android phones have shorter support, generally 2-3 years, some as
little as 1 year.

> but
> the app updates including app security updates have always lasted for well
> over ten to fifteen more years AFTER the five year Android OS updates stop.

no they haven't, nor is it even possible for there to be 'over ten to
fifteen more years' of app updates after the five year android updates
stop, which would be more than 15-20 years of support, when the first
android phone, the t-mobile g1 (aka htc dream), was released only 14
years ago, in september, 2008.

math is hard.

Your Name

Aug 15, 2022, 2:36:33 AM8/15/22
On 2022-08-15 03:16:04 +0000, John said:

> When I had Samsung junk tablet back around 2014 I got only one Android
> version update. Since when do they give you 4 years?

Since they saw that Apple gives you more than one or two years. ;-)

Samsung, Microsoft, etc. rarely do anything themselves and simply keep
copying Apple, and often failing at that (Microsoft MP3 player being a
"good" example). Even when they do attempt to do something themselves,
it's usually so hopeless that it is quickly dropped because nobody buys
them.

JAB

Aug 18, 2022, 11:47:01 AM8/18/22
On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 01:20:34 -0400, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> it's four years for the os and five years for security patches, and
> only for *select* *devices*, not all samsung models.

That's only for the base operating system which is a small part of Android.
Android updates have been improving a lot to solve the old update problems.

Look up how long the apps are now updated which is an important component.
Ten or more years is common (no matter how much you paid for the phone).

JAB

Aug 18, 2022, 11:49:08 AM8/18/22
On Mon, 15 Aug 2022 01:20:32 -0400, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> it's new, and only for 'select devices', not all samsung models.

There is a lot that is new with Android updates such as the apps being
promised to be supported for a dozen to fifteen years moving forward.

Alan

Aug 18, 2022, 11:59:22 AM8/18/22
"Promised"

Alan

Aug 18, 2022, 11:59:45 AM8/18/22
Give an example

nospam

Aug 18, 2022, 12:16:42 PM8/18/22
In article <tdlmti$5tk$1...@gioia.aioe.org>, JAB <he...@is.invalid> wrote:

> Look up how long the apps are now updated which is an important component.
> Ten or more years is common (no matter how much you paid for the phone).

it's not common.

nospam

Aug 18, 2022, 12:16:43 PM8/18/22
nobody has promised anywhere close to 15 years of support, nor will
they because the phone hardware itself will be obsolete.

JAB

Aug 18, 2022, 12:34:43 PM8/18/22
On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:16:42 -0400, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>> There is a lot that is new with Android updates such as the apps being
>> promised to be supported for a dozen to fifteen years moving forward.
>
> nobody has promised anywhere close to 15 years of support, nor will
> they because the phone hardware itself will be obsolete.

The iOS apps get security updates of a few years compared to well over ten
years of app security updates for Android (more every year as Android
improves what used to be a bad update system and while iOS doesn't change).

JAB

Aug 18, 2022, 12:37:34 PM8/18/22
On Thu, 18 Aug 2022 12:16:41 -0400, nospam <nos...@nospam.invalid> wrote:

>> Look up how long the apps are now updated which is an important component.
>> Ten or more years is common (no matter how much you paid for the phone).
>
> it's not common.

Almost every Android phone in existence runs a messages app which has
security updates applied to it while all old iOS devices not only do not
but which can't have any security updates applied to it due to the design.

JAB

Aug 18, 2022, 12:43:00 PM8/18/22
Android used to be negligent at security updates for the operating system
and for the old important apps like the browser, mail client and messenger
just like iOS was/is terrible at updating the security of old apps but the
difference is Android app security update has improved while iOS has not.

Alan

Aug 18, 2022, 1:07:14 PM8/18/22
Got any examples of this "over ten years of app security updates"...

Alan

Aug 18, 2022, 1:07:35 PM8/18/22
Cites, please!

Your Name

Aug 18, 2022, 4:25:05 PM8/18/22
The difference is that Android is non-working crap, while iOS is not.
Now f-off and stopposting this troll garbage everywhere!!

JAB

Aug 18, 2022, 5:13:50 PM8/18/22
On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 08:25:01 +1200, Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:

>> Android used to be negligent at security updates for the operating system
>> and for the old important apps like the browser, mail client and messenger
>> just like iOS was/is terrible at updating the security of old apps but the
>> difference is Android app security update has improved while iOS has not.
>
> The difference is that Android is non-working crap, while iOS is not.

You said Android copied Apple (and they did) when Android updated their
operating system and system security updates for five years but in the same
sentence you said you don't want Apple to copy Android which often gives
the Android owners ten to fifteen years of application security updates?

> Now f-off and stopposting this troll garbage everywhere!!

Why wouldn't you want your iOS applications to be updated for many years
after the operating system is no longer being updated like Android does?

Your Name

Aug 18, 2022, 5:21:19 PM8/18/22
Another braindead troll added to the killfile.

Alan

Aug 18, 2022, 5:22:06 PM8/18/22
On 2022-08-18 14:14, JAB wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Aug 2022 08:25:01 +1200, Your Name <Your...@YourISP.com> wrote:
>
>>> Android used to be negligent at security updates for the operating system
>>> and for the old important apps like the browser, mail client and messenger
>>> just like iOS was/is terrible at updating the security of old apps but the
>>> difference is Android app security update has improved while iOS has not.
>>
>> The difference is that Android is non-working crap, while iOS is not.
>
> You said Android copied Apple (and they did) when Android updated their
> operating system and system security updates for five years but in the same
> sentence you said you don't want Apple to copy Android which often gives
> the Android owners ten to fifteen years of application security updates?

Assumes facts not in evidence.

The first release of Android was in September 2008, so it has been 15
years yet.

>> Now f-off and stopposting this troll garbage everywhere!!
>
> Why wouldn't you want your iOS applications to be updated for many years
> after the operating system is no longer being updated like Android does?

You've yet to show that actually happens.

Weird, huh?
It is loading more messages.